Saturday, April 17, 2010

Well Well Well

Hello Hello...Is there anybody in there???

Right so...

quick User Disclaimer...I've no fecking idea what I'm doing!

this is my first Blog,and My first really serious explorations into how Guitar FX are built

I'm not sure what the purpose of the blog is going to be
other than to demonstrate that ANYONE with a soldering Iron,the internet and the price of a pint can build a fully functioning,100% gigable pedal

So I guess I'll start by letting everyone know what to expect over the coming weeks...
first up is building the Melx blog charity Bazz Fuzz into the very pretty LuciBox swirly enclosure
that I bought on Ebay last year

then I've a 90's Dunlop Silicon Fuzz Face that sounds crap and needs an overhaul!

A funky 70's Maestro Fuzz Phaser that shall be resurrected to it's former glory

I also have a Rat PCB in the post too!

and a few other ideas are coming together too ,the hamster maybe be dead but the wheel is still creaking away!

Also I couldn't let this first post go without saying a Big thankee
to Mel x & Kevin Demuth

Right let's get the Kettle on!

7 comments:

  1. well, well, well indeed!! .. welcome to the club!!

    I'm the first follower!

    ..the hamster may be dead!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks mate
    prepare yourself for endless stupid questions!
    ...ten years on I'm REALLY wishing I'd listened in science class :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm only a couple of fuzz circuits further down the line than you!!

    .... at least you're not starting all this at 40!! I'll be like a grumpy old Z.Vex in a few years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ... oh and I'll sort you out on the IMBC page too.. you can copy the banner thing from mine or Kev's page if you like at add it here. (if you can figure out how to do that!! haha)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent!


    Hmmm...how do I do the banner thingy?

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol, 'customise' at the top of the page... then you want 'layout' 'page elements' .. then do 'add a gadget' .. 'Picture' then add the IMBC pic from your comp and add the IMBC page url in the link box. then you can arrange it to be wherever you like on your page.

    ReplyDelete