Thursday, April 22, 2010

Lil' messy!

Ok so Today I sort of on impulse decided to stop into Halfords,
grab a can of primer and get cracking!

I've long had a BYOC tonebender that was unfinished and boring to look at
so it made a good Guinea Pig to work on
(on a completely unrelated note,does anyone know how to fix a lifted pcb trace?)

anyway I built myself a little box for spraying outside as I live in an apartment
so no chance of doing it in a Mancave/shed/attic!


Twas a bit windy,and a huge golden retriever came running up to me while working,but thankfully he didn't get too close!

so yeah first coat done,looks pretty good so far...
I'll do another tomorrow morning and then colour coat tomorrow evening...

question is...which colour to get??

EDIT:

second coat done...coming along nicely


...I'm starting to have serious doubts about a lot of "Boutique" makers!

4 comments:

  1. yeah, I'm forced to spray outside too.... the spaying box is a good idea. Last time I sprayed a guitar it ended up with small insects embedded in the clearcoat. .. it was a bit creepy. as for colour.. something that doesn't reek of 'boutique' .... I'd go for something fairly 'unattractive' ...but cool.... like army green, pilot blue, silver, burnt orange etc and avoid anything too bright.. I mean seriously how cool do the green sovtek pedals look compared to some booteek sparkly mirror flake crap?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah true enough about the boutique thing!

    Halfords do pretty much any car colour you can think of

    Austin Montego Beige??

    Opel ascona brown??

    I think I'm going to do the fuzzface in hammerite,silver probably...

    that guitar sounds cool you got any pics?

    ReplyDelete
  3. re: fixing a lifted pcb trace

    You can just use a piece of wire (or a clipped resistor leg for example) in place of the trace to reconnect the components - soldered to the components.

    ReplyDelete